- About this policy
The term ‘personal information’, refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
When we refer to “us”, “we” or “our”, we mean London Communications Agency Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 03727953), and registered address of 8th Floor, Berkshire House, 168-173 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7AA.
We may change this policy from time to time so please check it periodically.
- About LCA
London Communications Agency (LCA) is a PR company whose services include assisting clients consult on development or other such proposals so that feedback can be obtained to inform the plans. We have created this website on behalf of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust (the Client) in order to obtain your feedback on their proposed development of Royal Marsden (the Development).
For further information about us please visit www.londoncommunications.co.uk.
- Personal information we collect about you
We may collect and use the following information about you
- your name, age, email address, telephone number and postal address
- information you provide to us including your view about the development
- via our website (including our forms, surveys and polls)
- via email
- via post or
- in person
- your participation in our events and receipt of information about our proposals;
- how you accessed the site including your device’s IP address, operator system, browser type, route of access, the operating system, date, location (city) and time of access
- how you use our site including which pages you looked at and how much time you spent on each page.
You are under no obligation to provide the information we ask you for but if you fail to do so we may not be able to take your views into account or provide you with additional information.
- How your personal information is collected
We collect this personal information directly from you – via this website, in person, by telephone, post, text or email or from cookies on our website. We also collect publicly available information about local community or other relevant groups or individuals from internet searches or from the client or local authority to determine who may be impacted by the proposals and therefore who may be interested to take part in the consultation.
- How we use your personal information
We will only process your personal information where we have a lawful reason for doing so, for example:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; or
- where you have given consent; or
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
The table below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so:
What we use your personal information for
To inform and seek feedback from local communities as part of the Client’s consultation on the Development
For our legitimate interests and/or those of the Client
To analyse the feedback we receive.
(When you cast a vote in a poll, we collect the information shown in the vote form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection and assure poll functionality.)
For our legitimate interests and/or those of the Client
To allow us, the Client and other consultants to provide you with further information about the Development (where you have agreed to this).
With your consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to this processing at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent
To analyse how this website is being used and to gather statistics on site performance.
For our legitimate interests
To assist with any disputes, claims or investigations or to comply with our own legal obligations.
For our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations
- How and where we store your personal information
Your personal information is securely stored on our servers located at our offices in London, with data backed up to a remote location in the UK.
- How we share your personal information
Your personal information may be shared with the Client, the professional and consultant team working on the Development, the local authority (or local authorities) where any planning application is being submitted, including – where relevant – regional or national authorities, and with our IT service providers. We may also share your comments with other website users if you choose to share them.
An anonymised summary of the feedback received may be shared with relevant stakeholders and the public during the consultation, and will also be included in the Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) submitted as part of the planning application documents. This will not include your personal information.
- Information retention
We will retain your personal data for as long as is required in order to deliver our services relating to the Development to the Client, respond to any disputes, claims or investigations, fulfil our legal obligations or fulfil the other purposes described in this policy. Generally, this period will not exceed seven years.
- Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of these rights including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, which is available at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 0207 612 8480, with enough information to identify you, proof of your identity and informing us which right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
- Third party websites / applications
Our site includes links to other website and applications which are operated by third parties. To understand how they may gather your personal information, please visit their respective privacy policies.
- How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by contacting us using the contact details found in the ‘about this policy section above.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your information. The ICO’s contact details are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk